KAWAII FILIPINIANA

Just in time for the celebration of "Buwan ng Wika" a special holiday during the month of August, this event is happening to give importance for the Filipino language.

"Ang hindi magmahal sa sariling wika, daig pa ang hayop at malansang isda."

"He who does not love his own language is worse than an animal and smelly fish."
- Dr. Jose P. Rizal

Gaawwwwd I'm surely missing my high school life, I still remember how busy I am during this week for my extra curricular activities, such as: tula, poster making, quiz bees, dance performances, etc. It usually took us more than a month preparation for this event which for me is exciting and annoying at the same time :D. Exciting because everyone is doing their best to prepare themselves for the competitions and special performances. And sorry but I found it annoying to extend another hour to school to practice this and that LOL.

OK, going back to reality. This Kawaii Filipiniana was inspired by our traditional Filipiniana Dress which we often use during the month of August holiday. This piece was my official entry for "Mix-it-Up Kawaii International Contest" by Kawaii.i and made me get the first place. I'm awarded for "Kawaii International Award" and Official nominee for Third Generation of Kawaii Leaders (that made me feel moore nervous).



FACTS:
I think every parts of this piece has a meaning to show how proud I am to my beloved country and being kawaii at same time.
Like the Sun Choker symbolizes as the Sun on our National Flag as well as the stars on the tutu skirt.
The butterfly sleeve, inspired by the former first lady Ms. Imelda Marco's signature gowns.
Pearls on the other side symbolizes the Country to be known as Pearl of the Orient/Pearl of the Orient Seas.

FUNNY FACT: 
The corset I used in this piece came up with a T-back bikini which useless for me, So I turned it into sleeves :D I needed to shoot this piece immediately to meet the contest deadline, and this instant sleeves saved me LOL. just being resourceful. ~____< 

I think I get used with cramming things, specially with my projects during my college days that made me more creative when pressured :D

And of course wouldn't end this entry w/o my Filipiniana Pose *______*


Styling: Berryberu
Photography: KL Portraits
Kawaii Wig: The Costaku Shop



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM | @BERRYBERU

BLOG STATS