AN UNTOLD FAIRYTALE

Photography by KL Portraits
Fairytail is one of the most popular series nowadays. And one of the most famous character is Erza Scarlet. She become famous because of her great ability to change armor in just a second, and of course her sexiness.

Lightning Empress Armor:

It has the ability to lowers or decrease the damage of all lightning attacks from the opponent. This armor was specialized to withstand an attack from Laxus Dreyar, a skilled user of Lightning  Magic, without harming Erza. This armor also grants Erza an ability to use lightning. This costume was my first armor used. I wore it twice, then sell it after a month or so, because I think I wont  use it anymore, I'm a type of cosplayer who wear different costume every different event. As much as possible I don't want to repeat costumes because there are so many characters that I want to cosplay. 


My Costume

My Armor was originally made from large frames, It used to be from my co-cosplayer. I'm a small-medium frames so I have to do some adjustments to fit it to my size.



What I did : I cut some parts using the cutter (FYI - costume was made of rubber sheet) I used GRECO for pasting the parts I cut. Greco- is a magic fluid used by shoe makers. It's not sticky, but it's hot that burns the rubber and made it stick together. Be extra careful when using this glue, because it can burn your skin. 

Cosplay Tips:                                                                  

Be in Character-  Erza showed a strong fighter personality yet a sweet and cheerful girl in the story. Try to smile, be serious, and playful at the same time! I watched a make-up tutorial from youtube, to get its magnificent look. Wearing an armor is not that easy, always practice wearing the armor prior to the event. I'm just commuting  when attending events, I carry everything alone, so imagine how heavy this costume was plus the staff and make-up and wig :D haha 

I wont forget the time when the guard at the MRT didn't allow me to enter because my spear was to high for the allowable height. I was like o.O I don't know what to do, because it was the only routine I know. Good thing there were available cab going to the mall, and the guys help me out. 

I'm very thankful I have  companions every event, they are my friend and they are a big help! and most of all a not so good looking serious friend who is always there to help me and accompany me up to the bus terminal after treating me dinner sometime.

Carrying this armor alone to the event was really a burden, like other cosplayers, people misunderstood us and we are always judge as weird, far-from-this-world, and different people. But despite the judgement and stress we get after the event, we still always find ourselves smiling and a feeling of contentment.


Erza vs. Erza

Lightning Empress Amor vs. Heaven Wheel Armor
Erza goes shopping! 
Erza do read too!

"If you can dream it, you can do it!"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM | @BERRYBERU

BLOG STATS