DEBUT TO COSPLAY

My very first Cosplay :)  as Yami or Golden Darkness from To Love Ru

Pinoy Otaku Encore 2011 was the very first event that I officially cosplay :) A month after I decided to become a cosplayer too.

It's quite difficult to choose which character to cosplay, there are lots of wonderful character but I chose Yami for my first cosplay. I found the character interesting. She's an assassin, she can transform her hands into a deadly weapon. I chose her because this silent type of person has full of mystery, there's something in her that needs to be brought up.

As a beginner,  I have to make sure that I could portray the character well. For my preparations, I've watched To Love Ru series and remember some of her stunts and actions.

The beginning of everything. Most of the beginners always thought that if you're wearing a costume, photographers come,approach you, then that's it! Well this is a NO NO NO!

During the con, I met a new friend. She thought me how should I suppose to portray the character. She noticed that I keep on smiling when in fact the character I portraying is not a cheerful girl. She told me that it will look more natural if I will not smile, and have a straight face.

Since it was my first time, I joined the contest because I thought that every cosplayer should register on the competition. Another NO NO NO. Because everyone could attend the event and wear their costumes without registering on the competition. The good part was the catwalk is a nice experience to have.


Let's talk how my costume is done


Materials I used:
Leatherette Cloth
Linolium
Buckles
Garter
Petticoat 
Glue Sticks

I personally went to Divisoria to buy all the materials that used. It was my first time to buy cloth, I don't even know what's the best cloth to use for this kind of costume, so what I did was to trust my instinct LOLS. I chose the cloth by just touching and checking it's texture and which I think is the best to use. I have my costume done by a tailor. 

Petticoat was use to harden the neck part because I want it to be accurate, I made the "cape" for this costume. I used linolium instead of cloth, linolium will look more accurate,for it is not too hard nor too soft. 

First step: I drew lines on the linolium and cut it. I used glue stick to attach the linolium on the garter then added the belt buckles so I could connect both sides in the middle. 

Second: I drew triangles on the linolium and fold it. Attach a hairpin on each triangle so you could clip it on your wig. Instant neko ears! :)

Third: I measured my legs part for the leg straps. *Be careful when using the glue gun!! 

Always imagine how your costume will look like by sketching it on the paper or use your imagination!

"If you can dream it, you can do it!"



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM | @BERRYBERU

BLOG STATS